Friday, March 13, 2009

Quick Lunch

Had some left-over ravioli, fresh type from Trader Joe's and a small amount of jarred TJ sauce, organic marinara, so I needed to stretch the sauce.

Put some olive oil in a pan, added chopped garlic , ( 1 T) and heated to release the garlic flavor then I added capers, (1-2 T) whole grape tomatoes, ( 1 Cup), the tomatoes burst when heated, sliced green and kalmata olives, (1/2 C combined) and the sauce, heated and poured over the reheated ravioli.

It was so good. Quick and easy. Next time I would add some red pepper flakes for a bit of a kick, Deb likes the milder version.

This is the kind of cooking I really like, no recipe, just add what sounds good and go from there. Rachel Ray did this with Monte Christo sandwiches yesterday, gave me some great ideas, I just wish she wouldn't call them "sami's", short for sandwich, just too cute, just like her EVOO, ugh!

Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy all the quick ideas for interesting meals. I also like Trader Joe's. The store has many unique products and mostly organic. It's a fun store. Good wine selection.

    ReplyDelete