Friday, March 27, 2009

A Different Breakfast

Went to the Jonna-family owned Plum Market yesterday, such a great store, expensive, but worth it for the quality, selection and unique, hard-to-find foods.

Plus...they sent me a coupon that saved me $20 on my $100 purchase, great. They also have a great deal on Meridian Chardonnay, that with their mail-in rebate brings the price down below $4 a bottle - Wow!

Well I did not have that for breakfast, but they were sampling some salmon in several forms, bought one, basically chopped smoked salmon with parsley, onions and some spices, $14 lb, bought 1/2 lb.

For breakfast I toasted an English Muffin, spread on the salmon and added capers, chopped hard-boiled egg and chopped onions - a poor man's bagel and lox, Served with my Trader Joe Garden Patch tomato juice, green grapes and Bigby fresh-ground coffee from Costco.

It was really good and healthy.

Off to lunch today at LaMarsa in Bloomfield Hills, MI with a friend and former co-worker. They have some if the best middle eastern food around and the best fresh-baked pita with a tasty garlic spread - just don't have a client meeting after that - oh wait, I don't have to worry about that!

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment