Friday, March 27, 2009

Potato Encrusted Cod


Another prepared meal, sometimes knowing where and what to buy trumps cooking, really. This time from Plum Market, two nice sized pieces of very fresh cod, encrusted in browned potato, ( a' la hash browns), for $7. I reheated in my convection oven, on roast, at 325 for 15-20 minutes, crisp and hot! It was the best fish I have had in a long time. Deb and I really enjoyed it, will have to try some Cod for myself, although I don't think I can top Plum Market for quality and price.

I served the cod with my leftover potatoes and carrots from last week's 1940's dinner party, see my previous blog, 1940's Dinner. The sides were still very good and now they are gone.


A great meatless Friday Lent meal. Managed to avoid meat all day and had some of the best food that I did not have to cook, all at a great price.

Had dinner with my <$4 Meridian Chardonnay and all is right with the world.


Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment