Thursday, September 3, 2009

Cooking up North!

Did some cooking up north, I try to make meals for the week, made cinnamon rolls from scratch, recipe to follow later, a great slow cooker meal, and a tuna salad.

Crock Pot Chicken
Layer in your crock pot in the following order:
1/2 head of wedged or sliced cabbage
1 medium onion in rings
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
1 carrot, sliced in rounds
1 1/2 lbs chicken, skin removed, (use your favorite but ALWAYS remove skins)
2 C of favorite spaghetti sauce, (1 jar)
Cover and turn on cooker to desired cook time, enjoy.

I really like using the crock pot up north, do something in the morning and dinner is ready when you get back from a busy day. I should do this here too, but I gave mine to my daughter.

Also made a great tuna salad, I then stuffed a tomato and placed on a bed of lettuce.

Tuna with a Twist:
2 cans tuna, packed in water, drained
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 c chopped parsley
3 T olive oil
2 T apple cider vinegar
Thyme
S & P

Gently combine all ingredients, chill for several hours. Was great in the fresh tomato on the lettuce bed.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment