Saturday, May 30, 2009

Morel Mushrooms


Northern Michigan in the spring - Trillium's and Morels! Both are beautiful and so fleeting, you need to enjoy both when they are there.


On the way home I spotted a roadside sign that simply stated "Morels" I pulled in to a lovely hillside home just near Highway 32, and bought a nice size bag of mixed morels for $20, - now how to showcase this unique flavor.

Went to my Gourmet cookbook, they had a nice recipe but I changed just one thing.

Melt three T of butter, (I added 1 t of chopped garlic), heat to foam subsides, add morels, (8oz.), saute until brown, toss with one T of flour, then slowly add 1 cup of heated cream or 1/2 & 1/2.

Serve on toast points, finish with fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley and some Parmesan. Serve Immediately - excellent!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment