Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

Well I made my third recipe from my Boston School of Cooking Cookbook by Fannie Merritt Farmer. This time I made a stuffed pork tenderloin.
Again a simple recipe, take two tenderloins, they usually come packaged this way, partially slice lengthwise, and pound out slightly, (my recommendation). The recipe then call for a stuffing, and now I think is when you have to be somewhat of a cook to make this work.
Fannie Farmer says add apples, prunes or other items to make a stuffing, then spread on one on the tenderloins, lay the other over and tie together. I used apples, prunes, dried cherries, bread cubes, chopped onions and sage. I added a little broth to bind together and it was excellent.
Roast at 500 for 15 minutes then lower to 300 for 20. I have a convection oven so I put it on convection roast, top came out beautiful but I should have turned halfway through as the bottom needed more time, did that and it was great. Served with my ever present asparagus, trimmed and peeled slightly.
Next time I am going to talk about how much I like the wine decanter our neighbors the Maly's gave us and what a difference using it makes.

Bon Apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment